Job Opportunities: Work Based Learning Team Leader
We’re recruiting a Work Based Learning Team Leader to join our team.
Responsible to: Curriculum Manager
Salary: £27,000 to £32,000
About the role
The role of a Work Based Learning Team Leader is to lead on the delivery of a range of programmes, equipping our learners with skills for their future through the delivery of outstanding education and training that inspires learners to achieve their potential.
The post holder will work closely with the Curriculum Manager & Partnership and Programme Coordinator to ensure the quality of curriculum and learning is outstanding, creating and implementing strong monitoring processes, effectively planning and preparing programme delivery and supporting and developing staff. The Work Based Learning Team Leader needs to have a strong background in manufacturing , good knowledge of current educational issues and are expected to keep up to date with, lead on and work in conjunction with the Curriculum Manager and the Quality Team on improving pedagogy and practice where it is relevant to the Curriculum Area.
To meet our high expectations, you must have a ‘can do’ attitude and relish turning challenges into opportunities
As a WBL Team Leader, you will:
- Coordinate and lead a group of programmes, frameworks and Standards ensuring the successful retention, achievement and progression of all learners.
- Supervise staff within your area.
- Be responsible for the planning and monitoring of Apprenticeship programmes to ensure all aspects are effectively planned and monitored.
- Support the Curriculum Manager with line management of staff that teach and/or support on the programmes you lead. This will include carrying out personal development reviews.
- Teach and assess on a range of learning programmes, appropriate to your skills and qualifications.
- Promote and lead the development of new curriculum initiatives growing and shaping the curriculum offer to meet learner and local needs, for a sustainable future. You will continually seek to develop the existing curriculum, constantly evaluating programmes and their materials to improve them and ensure they support good or better teaching, learning and assessment. You will develop and implement strategies for raising standards in retention, achievement, teaching and learning, in conjunction with your Curriculum Manager
- Ensure all staff are aware of sector and educational developments and requirements as well as College policies and aims so that the Curriculum is effectively delivered to students of all abilities
- Responsible for the collection of baseline data including attendance, retention and destination within the Curriculum Area, in conjunction with the Head of Department and Senior Management Team
- Oversee the analysis and dissemination of relevant student data, and use this to set realistic but challenging targets for staff and students
- Ensure that staff within the Curriculum Area create an ethos in which students feel safe and learn effectively
- Liaise with Learning Support, have oversight of the identification of action plans to support individual needs and disseminate relevant student information to teaching staff and monitor progress and effectiveness of the plan utilising the ILP as a support document
- To complete paperwork in accordance with awarding body, funding and audit requirements.
- To ensure own training and development, including CPD, is up to date and compliant with relevant professional bodies.
- To support the ethos of NAC, its marketing and recruitment activities.
- To maintain the highest professional standards in accordance with the policies/procedures.
- To support the Company’s commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young adults and vulnerable adults.
- To travel as required meeting the requirements of the position.
- To carry out other duties as may reasonably be required by the Curriculum Manager or SMT
All people who work for NA College are expected to engage in normal business tasks such as:
- Know what and where the NA College strategy is, what it contains, and make sure what they do on a day to day basis is in line with the strategic objectives in some way.
- Ensure the work they do is of a high quality standard and NA College procedures and policies are followed at all times.
- Engage in personal professional development to keep up to date in industry/commercial issues, attend mandatory training.
- Present NA College in a positive way at all times with external clients, students, customers etc.
- Work flexibly and efficiently in order to meet customers’ needs, whilst maintaining the highest possible professional standards.
- Bring new ideas and try new ideas/approaches with an open mind.
- Comply with NA College’s HR policies, and the Health & Safety policy, at all times
- Support NA College’s commitment to carrying out its functions with a view to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- Respect everyone, regardless of who they are, in accordance with the NA College policy relating to equality and diversity. In doing this, ensure that everyone within the College is free from any kind of bullying/harassment.
- Fully engage in the performance management process.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of data at all times.
- Live the NA College values in daily life and embed in everything they do.
It’s important we keep this document up to date, so that everyone knows exactly what is expected of them and misunderstandings are avoided.
This job description can be changed but only in consultation with you, your manager and if you wish.
|Qualifications||Educated to Degree Level or relevant professional qualification in Manufacturing||E|
|Experience/Knowledge||Experience of curriculum coordination within education/training||E|
|Knowledge of current curriculum issues and current and future developments in education and apprenticeships||E|
|Successful teaching experience||E|
|Experience of successful curriculum development||E|
|Successful track record in improving the quality of teaching and learning||E|
|Knowledge of Ofsted, Awarding organisation and the common inspection framework requirements||E|
|Skills/Competencies||Excellent organisational skills||E|
|Ability to promote and implement active and flexible learning programmes||E|
|Evidence of change management and the implementation of new initiatives around curriculum development||E|
|Ability to identify and manage risks||D|
|Effective written communication skills||E|
|Effective listening, oral communication and presentation skills||E|
|Personal Attributes||Commitment to educational values and equality of opportunity||E|
|Ability to work effectively as a team member||E|
|High level of personal integrity and confidentiality||E|
|Committed to own CPD||E|