Job Opportunities: Tutor - Engineering and Manufacturing
Closing Date: 1st April 2017
Salary: 26-30K – dependent on experience
Purpose of Role
To carry out teaching and learning activities; participate in the planning, development and implementation of provision.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and deliver innovative training courses and training Train learners up to and including level 3.
- Work varying hours depending to complete NVQ assessment or teaching.
- Participate in the planning, development and implementation of provision.
- To support the Course Leader and Programme Manager to ensure that all company and departmental targets are achieved including but not limited to leaners achievement of NVQ, Technical Certificate, overall retention, achievement and timely achievement of learner qualifications.
- Provide information and advice and guidance within apprentices learning programme and with specific IAG to NVQ and other qualifications.
- Maintain a caseload of apprentices and ensure that their training needs are met and assessed to meet the requirements of the appropriate funding body, awarding body and NAC Group.
- To deliver training and assessment on a range of qualifications together with underpinning knowledge. Delivery includes producing schemes of work, lesson plans, learning materials and assessment plans and any other related activities that impact on learning effectiveness.
- Prepare, adapt, organise and maintain learning resources and/or equipment.
- To support apprentices in achieving their apprenticeship framework through:
- Demonstrating practical applications of vocational programmes
- Conducting work based observations and assessments
- Ensuring e portfolio standards and requirements achieved
- Adapting / developing learning materials as required
- Tutoring including on line support
- Recording and providing feedback to apprentices on their progress
- Assisting apprentices to complete work books and build up a portfolio of evidence for assessment
- Facilitating induction programmes
- Facilitating NVQ workshops, manage on line testing, following awarding body requirements.
- Set up the learning environment and undertake the day to day maintenance of equipment if required
- Prepare for instructing, assessing and supervising the learning experience and the learning environment.
- Produce and carry out as directed, the organization and administration appropriate to the learning situation including the marking of registers and the submission of other returns and records.
- Assess, monitor and mark student work and allied activities.
- Assist students with action planning and recording achievement.
- Attend internal and external meetings as required.
- Liaise with Awarding Bodies, IAQ, EV and Quality Manager.
- Support in the development of existing and new curriculum
- To maintain records to track learner achievement and performance on all aspects of frameworks
- To contribute to the review and evaluation of curriculum programmes, self-assessment and the implementation of effective quality improvement plans
- To participate in and be part of teaching and learning observation process
- To share best practice and resources in training, learning and assessment
- Participate in any training/CPD appropriate for the role, which may require attending internal or external courses.
- Co-ordinate and participate in the internal verification and/or moderation of student work and allied activities.
- Undertake health and safety checks.
- To act at all times in accordance with NAC Group’s policies, in particular Health & Safety, Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding. To promote the highest standards of practice and ensure the effective implementation of these policies within the area of responsibility.
- To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults you are responsible for or come into contact with.
- Participate as required in NAC Group wide activities.
Interested? Fill out the form below to apply for this role!Apply Now