Job Title School Engagement Tutor/Teacher
Report to Educational Programme Manager
Salary £23,000 - £30,000
Purpose of Role
To support and work with the school engagement team in delivering Engineering qualifications in Secondary schools. We are currently working with 5 schools and are looking for a teacher/tutor who will lead on delivering a level 2 engineering qualification mapped to the F1 in school’s competition. This is a unique job role as it allows you to work with both schools and business.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To effectively teach and assess courses ensuring high levels of learner satisfaction, retention, achievement and progression.
- To act as specialist practitioner in identifying, sharing and modelling the best teaching and learning practice.
- To deliver high quality teaching, learning and assessment.
- To review and undertake curriculum development; course reviews and self-assessment in order to maintain a culture of continuous improvement.
- To support curriculum by producing schemes of work, lesson plans and resources.
- To attend standardisation and programme review meetings, participate in the planning and implementation of schemes of assessment and exchange of information and best practices. Liaising, as appropriate, with internal and external verifiers, moderators and other relevant external bodies.
- To effectively track and document learners’ progress within individual learning plans (using electronic portfolios or paper-based versions)
- To maintain course files, course handbook and other course documentation
- To attend team meetings.
- To liaise closely with the organisation the programme is being delivered on behalf of.
- To identify and order resources for the planning and delivery of the teaching and learning experience.
- To participate in observations and quality audits to ensure all programmes are delivered in line with Ofsted, Auditing, Awarding body and funding organisation requirements.
- To provide effective learner feedback and to maintain and record progress and evaluation in accordance with company procedures.
- To meet business targets and KPI’s set by the funding and awarding bodies.
- Undertake assessing of learner qualifications and portfolios on a wide range of premises including any of NAC facilities, employer premises and schools.
- To act at all times in accordance with NAC Group’s policies, in particular Health & Safety, Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding and PREVENT. To promote the highest standards of practice and ensure the effective implementation of these policies within the area of responsibility.
- To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people you are responsible for or come into contact with.
- Participate as required in NAC Group wide activitiesPerson Specification
|Skills & Abilities||E- Essential
D - Desirable
|Ability to teach consistently to a high standard or higher (Ofsted criteria)||E|
|Good interpersonal skills to engage and value contributions.||E|
|Ability to build productive and constructive working relationships||E|
|Good planning, administration and organisational skills||E|
|Be target driven and ensure achievement of programme requirements||E|
|Experience of teaching/training/mentoring or coaching||E|
|Experience of producing innovative teaching and learning resources||E|
|Appropriate working experience in the curriculum area.||E|
|Knowledge of Ofsted criteria (CIF)||E|
|Knowledge of most recent Government Initiatives||D|
|Knowledge of the F1 in school’s competition||D|
|Qualifications and Training
|Teaching qualification (Cert Ed, PGCE, DTTLs) or be prepared to work towards||E|
|Assessor qualification – D32/D33/A1/TAQA (or be willing to work towards)||E|
|Experience working in the Engineering industry||D|
|Level 2 or above in both Maths and English or Literacy and Numeracy or equivalent||E|
|Committed to achieving excellence through continuous improvement||E|
|Keen to embrace and deliver change||E|
|Willing to undertake new learning and personal development||E|
|Flexibility and readiness to adapt to circumstances and work to meet changing requirements and new ideas||E|
|Be prepared to travel (locally)||E|
|Able to obtain a satisfactory DBS clearance||E|
|Holder of a valid driving license or equivalent and be willing to travel nationally||E|