Job Opportunities: Manufacturing Tutor/Assessor
We’re recruiting a Manufacturing Tutor/Assessor to join our delivery team.
Salary: £24,000 – 27,000
Hours: Full Time
The role of the Manufacturing Tutor/Assessor is to deliver knowledge sessions and assess knowledge, skills and behaviours against the Lean Manufacturing operative Standard. You will be responsible for a cohort of apprentices coaching and mentoring them in preparation for their endpoint assessment.
- Maintain a caseload of apprentices and ensure that their training needs are met and assessed to meet the requirements of the appropriate funding body, awarding body and NA College.
- Manage a caseload of learners ensuring timely completion of their qualification
- Participate in the planning, development and implementation of the provision
- Ensure all learners are visited regularly as per agreed Individual Learning Plan and where necessary additional visits are carried out to support any additional needs
- Monitor learner’s progression ensuring they progress each month and ensure assessment for each element of the apprenticeship is completed enabling learners to meet achievement targets for all parts of their programme on time.
- Maintain learner records accurately both hard copy and electronically and ensure all evidence for all visits are readily available and accessible for audit and quality purposes.
- Undertake initial assessment and induction with new learners.
- Undertake assessments and reviews
- Implement any improvements identified as a result of performance reviews and internal quality assurance sampling.
- Complete all required documentation accurately and within agreed timescales
- Provide information and advice and guidance within the apprentices learning programme
- Prepare, adapt, organise and maintain learning resources and/or equipment.
- To support apprentices in achieving their apprenticeship framework through:
- Conducting work-based observations and assessments
- Ensuring portfolio standards and requirements achieved
- Adapting/developing learning materials as required
- Encourage and monitor the use of the online platform for maths and English
- Recording and providing feedback to apprentices on their progress
- Assisting apprentices to build up a portfolio of evidence for endpoint assessment
- Attend internal and external meetings as required
- Liaise with Awarding Bodies, IQA, EQA and Quality Manager.
- To maintain records to track learner achievement and performance on all aspects of frameworks
- To contribute to the review and evaluation of curriculum programmes, self-assessment and the implementation of effective quality improvement plans
- To participate in and be part of the teaching and learning observation process
- Participate in any training/CPD appropriate for the role, which may require attending internal or external courses.
- To act at all times in accordance with NAC Group’s policies, in particular, Health & Safety, Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding. To promote the highest standards of practice and ensure the effective implementation of these policies within the area of responsibility.
- To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults you are responsible for or come into contact with.
- Participate as required in NA College-wide activities.
|Skills & Abilities||E- Essential D - Desirable|
|Lean manufacturing techniques||E|
|Ability to plan and manage own workload||E|
|Ability to use a variety of assessment methods in order to ensure effective differentiated learning||E|
|Strong communication skills, oral and written||E|
|Good administration and organisational skills||E|
|Ability to work with multimedia and new technology in a learning environment||E|
|Ability to respond positively and sympathetically to learners and provide appropriate support.||E|
|Ability to work as part of a team||E|
|Minimum 3 years manufacturing experience||E|
|Experience of assessing apprenticeships||E|
|Experience of improving learner success||E|
|Experience of successful employer engagement within a college / training provider setting||D|
|Experience of using e portfolios||D|
|Experience of working with Awarding Bodies||D|
|Knowledge of Ofsted criteria (EIF)||E|
|Knowledge of most recent Government Initiatives||D|
|Knowledge of a range of teaching and learning strategies that provide learner progression and success.||E|
|Qualifications and Training|
|L3 Teaching qualification / CTLLS or equivalent||E|
|A broad portfolio of professional and personal development||D|
|Level 2 or above in Math’s and English||E|
|NA College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect staff to share this commitment||E|
|Committed to achieving excellence through continuous improvement||E|
|Staff will always strive to achieve grade 1 or 2 during observations to demonstrate excellence in assessing||E|
|Willing to undertake new learning and personal development||E|
|Flexibility and readiness to adapt to changing circumstances and work to meet changing requirements and new ideas||E|
|Be prepared to travel across the region (some national travel may be required)||E|
|Able to obtain a satisfactory DBS clearance||E|
|Holder of a valid driving license or equivalent||E|
|Ability to work flexibly to meet NA College requirements.||E|