Job Opportunities: Functional Skills Tutor
Job Title: Functional Skills Tutor
Closing Date: 1st April 2017
Salary: From £24,000 depending on experience and qualifications
To plan, deliver and develop functional skills curriculum (Maths, English and ICT ) for learners on various programmes enabling the achievement of the recommended level and progressing to one level higher if required.
- To keep updated about changes in policy and practice around Maths, English and ICT (e.g. the current development of Functional Skills) and disseminating this to relevant staff.
- To support the Course Lead and Programme Manager to achieve business and performance targets.
- To plan, deliver and evaluate Maths, English and ICT as part of the Functional Skills element of the framework by:
- Producing schemes of work and lesson plans
- Identifying and developing resources
- Supporting learners and recording progress
- Evaluating course satisfaction returns
- To deliver Functional Skills in both classroom and work base environments.
- To organise (and where necessary, source) Functional Skills resources.
- To contribute to ensuring that Functional Skills are offered through a range of delivery modes to meet the needs of learners (e.g. group-based, blended learning) and tests are available in paper-based (if required by the learner) and on-line versions.
- To ensure that the recording of Functional Skills testing is undertaken accurately and monitor achievement across subjects, levels and programmes.
- To devise individual learning plans by taking into consideration various learning styles and individual learner needs.
- To complete registers and learner records fully and according to requirements.
- To provide monthly updates on Functional Skills achievements and highlight any issues that would prevent achievement, and ensure that success targets are achieved.
- To work flexibly in hours of work and over a number of employer sites to facilitate learner engagement and achievement.
- To evaluate and develop own practice.
- To be willing to undertake training and development activities that would support the development of the role.
- To be willing to explore innovative ideas and approaches to delivery and assessment through new technology such as iPads, Apps, Social Media.
- To undertake all other duties that falls within the scope of the post.
Interested? Fill out the form below to apply for this role!Apply Now